Burgers are synonymous with America; they are the quintessential summer food!
We researched all the options and came up with our favorites.
We have turkey, lamb, and beef options as well as toppings, stuffing’s and bun choices.
Bobbie Flay Burger How to…
|CURRIED LAMB BURGERS|
(Cooks.com recipe) Read more about it at http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1627,152186-250200,00.html
Content Copyright © 2012 Cooks.com – All rights reserved.
1 lb. ground lamb
Onion and garlic salt
1/4 c. softened butter
1/2 to 3/4 tsp. curry powder
Shape lamb into 4 patties, 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle both sides with onion and garlic salt. Cook under broiler or over grill until brown (15 to 20 minutes) turning once. In meantime, combine butter and curry powder and spread generously on both sides of cooked patties.
Exchange: 1 patty equals 3 meats and 1 fat exchange.
Pat’s Stuffed Turkey Burgers (Recipe courtesy The Neelys)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese, cut from an 8-ounce block
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced into 3/4-inch thick rounds
- Olive oil
- 4 large onion buns or rolls
- Spicy Mayo Sauce, recipe follows
Preheat grill over medium-high heat.
Add the garlic, onion, turkey, mustard, soy sauce, and salt and pepper, to taste, to a large mixing bowl. Mix well with a wooden spoon. Divide the turkey into 8 equal-sized balls and flatten them into patties. Lay 2 slices of cheese on 4 of the patties and cover each with another patty. Pinch the edges to seal the patties closed, so the cheese will not melt out.
*Cook’s Note: With your finger, press down on the center of the patty. This will keep the juices locked in and prevents the burger from puffing up.
Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper, to taste, and brush with olive oil. Grill for 2 minutes per side. Remove from the grill to a plate. Toast the buns on the grill and set aside.
Grill the burgers until cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer the burgers to the buns and top with Spicy Mayo Sauce, lettuce and grilled tomatoes.
Spicy Mayo Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons hot chili sauce (recommended: Sriracha)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.
Sirloin Bourguignonne Burgers and Mixed Greens with Tarragon Vinaigrette
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray (from Food Network)
Prep Time:10 min
Inactive Prep Time:
Cook Time:12 min
- 1 1/3 pounds ground sirloin
- 1/2 cup red burgundy wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning blend, such as McCormick, or salt and black pepper, to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 crusty kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- 1/2 pound mousse style pate, about a 1-inch slice — pates are available near specialty cheeses in large markets
- 8 cornichon pickles or baby gherkins, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 8 pieces red leaf lettuce
- Grainy mustard or Dijon style mustard, to spread on buns
- Portobello Mushroom “Fries”, recipe follows
- 1 sack mixed baby greens, about 6 cups
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 rounded teaspoon grain or Dijon style mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, 3 splashes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- Salt and pepper
Preheat grill pan or grill to medium high heat. If using a charcoal grill, prepare coals.
Combine ground sirloin with wine, thyme, shallot, steak seasoning or salt and pepper. Form meat into 4 large patties, 1 to 1 1/2-inch thick. Drizzle patties with extra-virgin olive oil to keep them from sticking to grill or grill pan. Cook patties 5 minutes on each side for medium rare, 8 minutes on each side for medium well.
Place greens and scallions in a medium bowl. Whisk tarragon, mustard and vinegar together and add oil in a slow stream. Pour dressing on greens and toss with tongs. Season salad with salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve burgers with greens and Portobello Mushroom “Fries”.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 to 16 minutes
Ease of preparation: easy
Portobello Mushroom “Fries”:
4 large portobello mushroom caps
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling, plus 1/4 cup
Steak seasoning blend, such as Montreal Steak Seasoning, or coarse salt and black pepper
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup shredded or grated Parmesan
Preheat a grill pan over medium high to high heat.
Scrape the gills off the underside of portobello mushroom caps with a spoon. Brush caps gently with a damp cloth to clean them. Drizzle caps with oil to keep them from sticking to the grill pan and season the caps with steak seasoning or salt and black pepper.
Grill mushrooms 3 or 4 minutes on each side under a loose tin foil tent until just tender. Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
Slice grilled caps into 1/2-inch strips. Turn strips in egg, then coat in mixture of parsley, bread crumbs and cheese. Cook “fries” over medium high heat in enough extra-virgin olive oil to coat a nonstick skillet in a thin layer, about 1/4 cup. “Fries” will brown in 2 or 3 minutes on each side.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- Cheese any kind (but smoked cheese they do not melt), Feta, Cheddar, Swiss, Mozzarella, etc
- Sautéed onions and/or mushrooms, crispy bacon, Roasted peppers & grilled vegetables
- Salsas, guacamole, tapenades, pesto, mustards, BBQ sauce etc
- Freshly slice tomatoes, Spinach, lettuce, anything fresh!
Bun Ideas…use what you like!
- Chibatta rolls
- French bread rolls
- Potato rolls
- Oinion Rolls
- Bulki Roll
- Cheese Bread
- Olive bread
We love these products!
- Stonewall Kitchen’s: Chipotle Ketchup, Habanero Mango Aioli, and my favorite: Roasted Garlic Onion Jam http://www.stonewallkitchen.com/
- Paula Deen’s: House Seasoning, and peach grilling marinade (great on turkey burgers) http://www.pauladeenstore.com
- Williams-Sonoma: Williams-Sonoma Ultimate Burger Seasoning, and relish http://www.williams-sonoma.com
Let me know what makes your burger the best it can be! Please share recipes and ideas! Thank you for reading.
If you enjoyed this story please click the follow button and never miss a post!
Enjoy your weekend!