- Start with smoked salmon, with dill and lemon and sliced French bread.
- Offer Coffee, Tea, fresh squeezed orange juice and champagne
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced (about 2 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking spray
- 1 baguette, crusts removed, cubed (about 5 cups)
- 8 eggs and 8 egg whites milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Diced Zucchini
- 1-ounce (1/3 cup) grated Parmesan
- 4-ounce (1 cup) cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until translucent and beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to cook for another 1 minute. Transfer the onion mixture to a medium bowl and allow to cool.
Heat remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in the skillet and saute the zucchini (and pinch of salt and pepper) until they release all of their water, about 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely.
Spray an oval baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange the bread cubes in the dish. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, egg whites, milk and mustard until incorporated. Add zucchini, onion-garlic mixture, Parmesan and cheddar cheeses, thyme, and salt and pepper and stir to incorporate.
Pour mixture over bread, making sure liquid saturates bread. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Remove the plastic wrap from strata and bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until top forms a light brown crust.
Serve Strata with…
- Fruit salad (Make it or buy it)
- Baby roasted potatoes & vegetables – (I likeTrader Joe’s baby squash and finger potatoes) tossed with olive oil and Crazy Salt– roast in a 375 degree oven for 40-50 mins.
- Baby butter lettuce salad-(buy bag of butter lettuces & toss with Meyer lemon dressing)
Meyer lemon vinaigrette – From Real Simple (*Meyer lemons are a cross between a lemon and an orange. They are milder and less acidic than a regular lemon.)
- 3 tablespoon fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- I like to add 1 minced garlic clove
Whisk all ingredients together and toss with butter lettuce it is a nice light brunch salad.
Happy Father’s Day!
Hope you enjoyed this post if you want to read more sign up to follow us! Please let us know if you try the strata. This menu is so good!
I love and miss you Dad.