Why do a custom built-in?
- You can use an entire space, use spaces wisely (under stairs, bathroom corner, living room wall etc)
- You can design specialized storage to display collections or hide objects you need but do not want to see.
- Customizing anything in your home leaves a part of you in the home…forever!
- Bring a new style to your home, some people want to add a modern touch to their home, but not change the entire traditional feel.
- Built-ins can make sense of spaces; for example built-in book shelves can make a library out of an office, or a hutch can make a den into a dining room.
- Color and Wallpaper can be used in/on a built-in and this can bring a splash of color or pattern to a room!
Great built in above from http://casamacho.wordpress.com/
Need help with built in ideas?
Check out these sites
- Turning Everything You Want in Your Home a Reality (customhomes101.wordpress.com)
- Homearama | Need space for your stuff? Think logically (hamptonroads.com)
- Dream Home : Fig Tree Pocket House 2 by Shane Plazibat Architects (chictip.com)
- How to Optimize Space in a Small Apartment (apartmentguide.com)
If you like this post please comment or follow Celia Bedilia!