Steps to changing this living room from functional to fabulous
- Rip up the wall to wall carpet and re-finish or repaint the floors (we know there is wood under this carpet)
- Paint the ceiling, beams, trim, fireplace and window bench-Ben Moore- Decorators White (great bright white)
- Paint the walls one of the colors below…this is where I need your input please vote for your favorite color
4. Add a new area rug to ground the seating area, I like Dash & Albert rugs for durability, colors and patterns.
5. Replace the window bench cushions
6. Replace the loveseat with 2 chairs on casters for mobility, this way they can be moved over to the window bench are or stay in front of the fireplace.
7. Replace the sofa with a new sofa with clean lines that is strong enough to hold up to both children and renters
8. New coffee table with a better scale for the furniture and the room, I like this one below because it looks like driftwood.
10. Finally you need to fill that walls with art and perhaps a mirror over the fireplace?
I am so excited to get going on this project! It is a wonderful beach front cottage, it looks like the house that is in the movie “Moonrise Kingdom“, but our vision is to make it into the house from “As Good As It Gets“. I hope to get started this fall and finish it in the late spring. It is such a beautiful spot, I even enjoy the hour drive.
I hope you have enjoyed this post! Please follow my blog if you do not already do so. We love to hear from you so keep those comments and questions coming…do not forget to vote for you choices of rug and wall color!
- 10 Affordable Essentials for Your First Living Room (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Kick Back in Style – Summer Beach House Decor Ideas (redenvelope.com)
- Musts in coastal home design. (celiabedilia.com)
- Cottage Chic Decor (jbsvintage.com)
- :: Coastal Bedrooms – Rugs :: (tuvaluhome.wordpress.com)