I am working on a living room in Boothbay, Maine. I want the room to be stylish, and family friendly. I am a firm believer that living rooms are to live in, not look at, even if this means adding a TV to the room.
Our plan for the room is simple…
- Paint the walls a soft gray-blue.
- Wallpaper the TV area…to distract from what I imagine will be a massive TV.
- Purchase two new coordinating (indoor/outdoor) rugs for the room, I do not think they need to match but they could.
- Utilize the home owners two new neutral sofas and club chair.
- Buy two swivel chairs, these chairs will divide the space and will turn to face both the TV area and the fireplace (see rough plan above)
- I will be adding a large square coffee table and an oversized ottoman.
- Linen curtain panels will add texture, and interest to the widows and French doors in the room, they will also help keep the room cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- I have designed a long low built-in to house toys, books and DVD player etc. for the wall.
1. Benjamin Moore Coastal Fog (kitchen opens into the living room):
2. Farrow & Ball Skylight…this one is the one!
1. Thibaut Downing Gate-Navy
2. I love this one from Swagpaper
Swivel chairs I love…all from Lee Industries
The home owners have tWo couches but if they did not have them I would suggest one of the following options:
1. Mitchell Gold Charlotte Sofa
2. Pottery Barn – Carlisle Sofa
Indoor/Outdoor Rugs Ideas:
1. Ballard Designs
Coffee Table Options
1. Celia Bedilia Design – Coastal Coffee Table it is 48×48 and has tons of storage
2. Bernhardt – This is one of the best coffee tables around…it is a classic and goes with so many different furniture styles.
Linen Curtain Panels:
You cannot go wrong with these wonderful white linen curtains.
1. Pottery Barn
2. Restoration Hardware
I hope this post gives you some ideas if you are planning your own living room. If you like this post let me know, if you have any questions or comments please write to me or comment.
Thank you for stopping by, if you are not a follower click the follow button and never miss a post.
Coffee tables: www.celiabedilia.com and Dwellings: 251 U.S. 1, Falmouth, ME 04105