Spring is coming to Maine, I know it has arrived in much of the country…but winter hangs around here a bit longer. I am done with winter, I need to spruce up my house and prepare for my favorite season…summer.
1. Remove all wool rugs and replace with indoor/outdoor and cotton rugs. This really brightens up my home and lengthens the life of my wool rugs too.
Before: (photo by Liz Donnelly)
After…this cotton Dash & Albert rug ( Home Remedies http://www.mainefabrics.com) brings color into the room…I love it!
2. Time to do some indoor planting…It is still too cold to plant outside. Here are my favorite inexpensive planters, mason jars, soil, curly willow and spring bulbs and herbs. The herbs will be moved outside in June. (photo by Liz Donnelly)
4. OK this is strange but I love this Jonathan Adler Coffee maker and it brings new life to the kitchen. http://www.jcp.com, I also adore these drink jars, and linen napkins from http://www.shopterrain.com
5. I love the idea of new spring and summer dishes too! I have some fish dishes that were my parents and I use them in the summer…they feel fresh and fun! These plates from Dwellings 207-781-3711 and http://www.Williams-Sonoma.com are great for any season.
7. If you need outdoor seating…these benches from http://www.grandinroad.com, are fabulous and they come in tons of fun colors.
I am getting so excited for summer! I have a child graduating from high school this June, so I need to spruce up both the inside and outside of my home for his party.
I have to paint my deck…I attempted this last year, and did not complete it…this year is a must.
What are you doing to get ready for summer?
I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know by commenting or liking the post. If you are not already a following my blog please click the follow button!