I do not consider myself trendy, but I do follow design trends. I am still conservative when using them in my clients homes. I think your home should look timeless, but these trends could be used in any home!
- 1. Dresser style vanities…it looks so clean! This one is from Restoration Hardware.
- 2. I love the dining bench trend. I think they offer comfortable seating and they work in almost any setting. You can find these everywhere, the following are from World Market.
- 3. Painting ceilings is a fun trend in this Pinterest photo they used a dark royal blue in the coffered ceiling…very chic.
- 4. Using every space in your home, this is an old-fashioned idea that has come back! Below is a closet in an office we used it for extra storage.
- 5. Fun Rugs are a good way to add color or style to a room. In my home office I have a chevron stripe rug, I know this is a fading trend but I love it!
- 6. Lighting made of found objects…this is a great trend. Both of these lights came from Etsy.com, the wine barrel & bottle chandelier was used in a wedding, and the mason jars in one of the kitchens we did.
- 7. Wallpaper…you know I love wallpaper!
- 8. Large kitchen islands…the kitchen is the hub of our home and this trend of oversized islands is fabulous. The first one is from Better Homes and Gardens, the second one is one of our homes (photo by Liz Donnelly)
- 9. Beautiful tiles are also big right now here are some of my favorites. I adore these Italian harlequin diamond tiles. I also love the marble basket weave in the all white bathroom. Both photos by Jamie Salomon.
- 10. The last trend is in furniture…gone are the over stuffed large arm sofas and chairs…thank goodness! Mitchell Gold, Lee and BSC are all following this trend!
What are your favorite trends? We are getting our clients homes ready for the holidays. There is always a big push to tackle decorating dilemmas in time to host family for the holidays. We are crazy trying to tie up loose ends.
Let me know what you are working on.
Thank you for stopping by, if you are not already following my blog please click the follow button. If you like this post let me know by liking it!