Rustic weddings are my specialty which is funny, because I am a city girl. I was born and raised in Washington, D.C. and I loved it. I have lived in Maine for fifteen years, and I guess I have picked up a thing or two because I now love rustic decor, especially for weddings.
I am as many of you know doing a wedding on July 18th and it is a barn wedding. Here are some inexpensive rustic wedding ideas from different weddings I have done.
1. Pitchers filled with grasses and wild flowers. Go to yard sales and flea markets to collect pitchers.
2. Herbs wrapped in burlap in glass cubes.
3. Galvanized planters
4. If copper is more your speed use something like this.
5. Mason Jars…natch my favorite.
6. I love plants at a wedding they can fill blank spaces up with color and volume for very little money!
7. Lanterns do not need to be nautical they can be rustic.
8. I think these roots are so cool filled with succulents and moss, perfect on cocktail tables.
9. Orchids add color without a lot of cost! I got all of these plants at Trader Joe’s…so great and this tablescape cost about $25.
10. Farmers market flowers…great colors and value, these are about $15 each.
There is a lot you can do to keep your wedding decor costs under control. Everyone has a budget, if you plan you can have a beautiful wedding on a budget. Use plants, candles and farm fresh flowers in simple mason jars.
All photos by Liz Donnelly
I would love to hear about and see your favorite rustic wedding ideas.