Fall is here and we are all turning our attention back inside. I for one, see lots of things that need to be addressed.
It is time to line up the pros, to tackle some of these items. My powder room is my current project. I started wallpapering it last week, and that highlighted my real to do list…new floor, vanity, and fresh paint for the trim.
I hope to get this done before thanksgiving. I am going to visit our daughter in Italy, but my husband is hosting his family at our house. So I guess I better get cracking!
I thought I would share some of the things I am looking into adding to my home this fall.
- Vinyl floor mats for my powder room or kitchen: Spicher & Company-available at Home Remedies 207-899-0135. These come in tons of cool vintage patterns and colors and are reasonably priced!
2. Liquid Metal Paints: Sydney Harbor Paints…mimic metals and are amazing.
I am thinking of painting my powder room door with the Aged Zinc paint then adding some cool hardware, maybe even a door knocker!
3. Trompe l’oeil doors: from Couturedeco.com, add architectural detail to any space, could be fun in a laundry room…something to look at while you fold.
4. Wallpaper that adds texture, l think these are great playrooms or TV rooms. The tin would be cool on a ceiling. www.wallpapercollective.com
5. Faux Bois…you know this is one of my favorite things ever!
This wood pouf is fabulous…www.chehoma.com
6. Indoor plants in pretty pots…a must for me in the fall. http://www.shopterrain.com
7. This time of year is a great time to get new everyday dishes. I adore these Portuguese plates, simple and beautiful. www.rh.com
8. Lighting is another important thing to add in the fall as it gets dark early! I love these, very pretty http://www.zentique.com
9. Cozy seating is useful in every room. These chairs are among my favorites this season. There is something for everyone! http://www.celiabedilia.com
10. Cookware becomes more important on the East Coast, as we are grilling less. I love Cristel’s removable handle stack-able cookware http://www.metrokitchen.com This is very nice if you do not have a lot of storage in your kitchen.
What are you planning to change in your home this fall? Given that I am doing my powder room and going to Italy, I might not get to adding many of these ideas to my home, but I can dream!
I hope you are all doing well. Thank you for stopping by. Let me know if you like this post by liking it or commenting.