I am always looking for ways to add a sense of history to new home builds. We have wonderful architectural salvage spots in Maine. I love to go poke around, and look at big barns full of old stuff, fortunately we have a lot of that!
Here are some great ways to add age to your home.
- Make a built-in piece of furniture with old cabinetry.
2. Replace a door in your house with an old door, bathrooms and pantries are a great place to do this. Or build something out of an old door.
(top photo Pinterest, bottom Country living)
3. Reclaimed trim can be used to trim out a room or make a mirror like this one from This Old House.
4. I love using old factory windows especially if they can be used like this as windows.
5. Lastly, you can use columns in many ways, they can be incorporated into furniture or just placed in a room .
Do you like reclaimed and salvage pieces, or do you prefer everything new?
Thank you for stopping by and let me know if you have any questions or comments.