As I get prepared for my next trip to Europe, this time it is Portugal. I reflect on the things that make up a successful trip. I will fill you in on the details when I return! I have not been to Lisbon and beyond in over 40 years.
- A well-planned group, if you are with a tour, make sure the tour company puts like people together. There is nothing better than making life long friends through travel!
- Great art and architecture, go off the beaten path…in Europe, any church will provide beauty.
- Fabulous food & drink, learn about the culture through their specialties.
- Live like a local, dining, shopping and enjoying daily life like a local is the BEST part of traveling.
- Read and study your destinations before you go, you will get so much more out of your travels.
- Pack smartly, you will need the essentials and can buy what you forget to bring when you arrive. Some of my favorite purchases have been due to necessity.
- Take pictures…but be present in the moment! Enjoy being in this new and exciting environment, don’t miss out by taking selfies.
I will keep you all in the loop if you have any suggestions for Lisbon or Porto we would love to hear them.