Celia Bedilia’s list of blogs I love and why!
During the month of March, I am taking an online class on blogging from Decor8 called Blogging Your Way (BYW). I did not know much about the e-course before signing up for it. I have really enjoyed it, and I highly recommend it to anyone who is trying to take their blog to the next level. It is chalk full of very helpful content.
This week we were asked to make a list of 10 blogs we love, and explain why we loved them.
I thought I would share my list with you!
1.Apartment Therapy | Saving the world, one room at a time
I like this blog because it is full of inventive & obtainable ideas. They are blogging about real people and affordable solutions. They really involve the reader in their blog, and as a reader this makes you feel like you are a part of something. I love their mission statement and have included it below.
MISSION: Helping people make their homes more beautiful, organized and healthy by connecting them to a wealth of resources, ideas and community online.
2. Real Simple- Life Made Easier http://simplystated.realsimple.com
Life Made Easier- (great motto)
I love this blog! It is informative, easy to follow and not fussy. I find the categories interesting too (see below).
3. The Good Old Dayz – www.thegoodolddayz.wordpress.com
This is a French blog, I love the photos and the vintage vibe. I think the entire site is very well put together from the logo to the fonts, it all reads as vintage, and that is their message!
4. North Leads to Home http://northleadstohome.com/ (BYW)
I think Kiki (the blogger behind NLTH) brings a youthful exuberance to her blog. I have been in the design field in one facet or another for 20+ years, and I love her fresh take on design. I think her entire blog is set-up to show her personal style with the polka dots background to her photo (above).
5. The London Flower Lover http://thelondonflowerlover.wordpress.com/
The team at The London Flower Lover blog has a pasion for flowers. They have lovely pictures which they have added their email address to. After this weeks class, I have learned to put my website on my photos. They also use video and flash on their site without making if feel too professional…it still has a real feel to it.
6. Chronicle Books Blog http://www.chroniclebooks.com/blog
They have tons of categories so there is something for everyone. It is a very clean and simple site, I think that is important when you are selling goods. I like the fact that they have chronicle books employees write posts about their jobs (My sister is Design Director and wrote the post below). I been reading this blog for a long time and I am amazed at the quality of books they publish.
7. Making it Lovely http://makingitlovely.com/
- Nicole Balch the voice behind Making it Lovely is so hip and in-tuned to design.
- She has a marvelous and casual tone throughout her blog.
- The set-up of the blog brings you in and makes you want to read more, I even like the advertisers.
8. The Lettered Cottage http://theletteredcottage.net/
- They have a great feature called “Pick My Presto” where people send in their design dilemmas and then Kevin & Layla (the brains behind the blog) virtually redesigns the rooms for them. Very clever (see an example above)
- They also have a feature “Guest My Nest” where they travel and redesign cottages. It is very sweet and fun to read.
- If you like shabby chic-cottage style you will like this blog.
9. Heather B Design http://www.heatherbdesign.com/blog/ (BYW)
- FABULOUS BLOG, fellow Mainer, Heather Boissonneau is a very talented blogger.
- I love the crisp feel to the blog, it is very visually pleasing. I am sure that people pin her posts all the time!
- I think her content is interesting as well as very well displayed.
- It is very clear to the reader who she is, and what she brings to the blogosphere.
10. Lolalina: http://www.lolalina.com/ (BYW)
- Laure Gaskill is the genius behind this blog.
- I love the way she has a lot going on and yet the site does not seem busy.Maybe this is because the linen background is very soothing.
- I enjoy her writing style you feel like you know her after reading her posts.
- I want to read more…isn’t that enough?
Although I thought I was done with homework (forever) I have found the assignments in the BYW e-course from Decor8 to be a very important component of the class.
I hope you have enjoyed this post. Let us know by liking it!
What blogs do you love? What makes them appealing to you? Share them with me and my readers and feel free to tell me about your blog and why you love writing it!
Thank you as always for supporting Celia Bedilia. If you are not a part of the Celia Bedilia Family…add your email address to our FOLLOW BLOG VIA EMAIL box and join the family.